It's 8am and I just finished work, if you like BBC 3 and small boxes of frosties then I have your dream job. If you like working sociable hours and waking up before 3pm then we probably shouldn't hang out.
I'll be honest I really want to rant about Frank Turner today I really do but I think to do so would be contrived, unoriginal and ultimately a wholly negative exercise. I just cringe a lot these days.
What else? Oh I've hatched a plan to have an accident in the claims direct building so I can call them up and they can sue themselves, kind of like that bit in The Rutels.
Speaking of Beatles spin offs in case you hadn't noticed it's been Paul McCartney's divorce payments started kicking (oh haha, seriously come on) in week. Beatles rock band, couldn't give a shite, remastered box set? Oh yeah. great. Fuck me. Every few years Micheal Jackson or whoever owns the rights to the Beatles back catalouge now does this shit. I love the Beatles, I grew up on them, I learned guitar from a collection of Beatles songs printed on torn brown pages and held together with string (that isn't even a joke) but sometimes it seems the whole thing is just a massive fucking marketing ploy. Milking a once great and noble legacy to death through endless spin offs and novelty bullshit. Mind you I suppose it was the same during Beatlemania, that's some serious marketing. I'm glad that started dropping acid and playing sitar, perhaps we can hope for that with the pop groups of today? If only Girls Aloud had psychedelic period where they would hang out with The Mars Volta in the Burmese rain forest for six months smoking heroin, eating only magic mushrooms and giving tit wanks to remote cannibalistic tribal warriors. Maybe I should go to sleep.
good morning/night.
Saturday, 12 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment